Verizon Motorola Droid Bionic gets 5.9.902 Software update
A day after Verizon released minor update to Motorola Xoom 4G LTE, Verizon also updates the Motorola Droid Bionic which is the recent smartphone by Motorola. Verizon is busy in updating their existing smartphone with Android update to them. Though this is not a big update to discuss about or have a preparation, this is just a minor software update to Motorola Droid Bionic smartphone.
While every one is eagerly awaiting the Ice Cream Sandwich update, we tell you that it will be another a month or two to see Android 4.0 prevalent. This update to Motorola Droid Bionic handset brings a lot of bug fixes which they were seeing all the time since they have purchased it. Various improvements like Bluetooth PAN, black screen lockups, Verizon emergency call alerts are added to this update. Apart from bug fixes this update also brings various other features like National Plus Code Dialing, support WAV audio playback and there is serious makeover in Visual Voice Mail function.
Features & Enhancements
The following are the sets of features and improvements covered from the previous software update –
- This phone now supports National Plus Code Dialing
- Bluetooth Personal Area Networks now works fine without any problem
- Receive text messages alerts while you are on voice call without any interruption
- Improved audio when video is streamed to a TV using your HDMI connection
- Bluetooth audio has been improved to provide bugs free pairing and connection to the device
- There are serious improvements in the device stability to prevent black screen lockups during navigation; camera multi shot lockups, idle resets, multimedia dock lookups and lot more.
- Handset now provides Verizon emergency alerts
- Improves battery life by saving power in usage of new applications
- There are improvements in the data connectivity and issues related to stability have been fixed
- Users with this update will see better download speed while they are using the Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot
- When you pull out something from the notifications bar while you are playing the Youtube Video it will return to where you have paused or it has stop as that of earlier you had to re play the video again.
- Composing a new visual voice mail message will now willn’t mute the voice calls
- Voice Mail messages now can be saved to SD card
- There are serious improvements in Visual Voice Mail for message storage and deletion options
- This update will allow users to play WAV audio file on Droid Bionic
- This update will bring you the Amazon Mp3 and VCAST App Store pre installed on this firmware
Updating Motorola Droid Bionic with 5.9.902 Software Update
Before you actually proceed with the software update to your Droid Bionic you should make sure that you have backed up all the important things like contacts, messages and files. If not doing it and following application might help you –
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
This firmware update will take approximately 30 minutes of time to download the software and it depends on the network conditions. The software update file is 58 MB approximately and follow the procedure below to update your phone –
Update Over the Air by Notifications
- If you have received notifications either from Motorola or from Verizon then pull down it, follow the on screen instructions and click on the install button. Once you do that your phone would get your phone will get power off and it will show a progress bar and a download icon which is nothing but the downloading mode.
- Once it’s done the device will be powered off again and you will receive notifications saying about the update status.
- Tap on OK when done.
Over the Air Manual update
If you have not received any notifications from Verizon then you can initiate the process by manual proceeding with the firmware update. Follow the procedure below –
- From the home screen tap on Menu and then select Settings.
- Now when you do that you need to tap on About Phone go to System Update and then click on Download button.
- It will take some time for your phone to download the software update file and once that is done you need to tap on Install Now button.
- Once you do that your phone will be powered off and you will be automatically taken to download mode.
- Once the file installation is done you will see a confirmation on your phone.
If you encounter any error like failed to install or any error, you can troubleshoot by yourself. You need to remove and re insert the battery and power on the device. Try once again with the firmware update. If you still have problem then contact Verizon Wireless Customer care.