How to Video Chat from Galaxy Tab to a PC Computer with Gtalk
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has some serious improvements over the previously launched Galaxy Tab. Thanks to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 which provides amazing 2 mega pixel camera on the front side and 2 mega pixel is very much enough for a better video calls quality.
Also on the other hand Google Video call now has an amazing video quality and voice over the chat has been improved to provide the best quality. Using Google talk you can now call your friends with voice call and video calls absolutely free. Not necessarily that both the person who are involved in video call should have Galaxy Tab, you may call a person using laptop or PC or any other. But there is only one requirement that he should be on Google Talk having front camera on their PC.
Here is the process on how you initiate the process of Video chat on your Galaxy Tab –
- Download & install the Google Voice and Video chat.
- To begin go to www.gmail.com on your tablet enter your login credentials.
- Now on your tab, tap on Apps and select the Google Talk icon.
- If this is the first time that you are login into your Gmail then you would be taken to sign in screen. Enter your Google credentials and sign in. If you have previously logged in select sign in next to your username.
- Within few seconds you would be taken to Google Talk homepage.
- From here you can update your status by touching the status message box. Using this option you can enable or disable the voice or video chat by touching the check box.
- Now if you want to video call a contact, click on the contact whom you wish to call. Note that you would be able to video call those contacts who have camera icon next to their status message.
- Next touch the camera icon to the right of the icon box and the video call would automatically begin.
- Now then you have wait until the called party accepts your call. Until then it would be showing your camera (your face).
- You can adjust the settings accordingly to your voice chat needs. If you touch the screen a box will appear on the top right side containing more options. Some of them are mute and options to switch to rear facing camera.
- Once you have completed the call you will have to press the X located on the top of the screen.
In the above example I have used Galaxy Tab but this process is applicable to all the tablets running on Honeycomb OS. Do let us know if you have any problem with video calls on your tablet.