Fell in love with the SONY Xperia Z interface and is owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 handset? Then we will do the needful for you so as to make sure that you can live Xperia Z experience right in your Galaxy S3 smartphone. Just follow the simple instructions which we have mentioned in this article to get the Xperia Z look in your Galaxy S3. So, let’s check out on what are the list of pre requisites to be followed. Please note that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the Official firmware released by SONY or Samsung. All thanks to the developers who have worked hard for this port of Xperia Z in Galaxy S3.
Though most of the apps will be of SONY, if you also wanted apps of Samsung like S-Note or say for suppose the Paper Artist then we have additional Zip packages which can be flashed after applying this firmware. We have mentioned the detailed list of features below;
XPERIA Z ROM Features:
- SONY Xperia Z Official Launcher,
- Xperia Z Keyboard (With Swipe Support),
- 28 Original Xperia Z Stock Wallpapers,
- Xperia Z Boot Screen,
- Xperia Z UI Sounds, Notifications, Alarms and Ringtones,
- System Fonts of Xperia Z,
- Xperia Z Wallpapers (Enchanted forest and Photo slideshow),
Essential Pre Requisites:
- In The process of porting this Xperia Z firmware in your Galaxy S3, all the data in your device may get lost. So, it’s highly recommended that you backup all the data with the help of below MANUAL Steps ONLY and not with KIES or ROM Manager.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Assuming that you have created a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- The Galaxy S3 can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone. Once the data is wiped, you then will have to select the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy S3.
- Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that you are on the below mentioned version of firmware before proceeding to further steps. Please note that we tested with other firmwares, but the Xperia Z ROM only works on Rooted Galaxy S3 phones which are on XXEMB5 Firmware.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head over to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your Galaxy S3 smartphone.