It was the last time when we saw on how you can update with the official firmware of Jellybean XWLSD firmware and now in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to upgrade the firmware of your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with the XWLSJ version of Jellybean 4.1.2. This XWLSJ version fixes all the bugs pertaining to overheating and issues with the latest Google PLAY Store app and other bug fixes. So, before we proceed to check on how you can update with this version of firmware, you need to make sure that you follow all the below mentioned instructions;
Change Log of XWLSJ:
- Bug Fixes,
- Touch Wiz Nature UX,
- S Cloud,
- New Lock Screen,
- Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop Up Play,
- Galaxy S3 Widgets,
- Free 50GB Dropbox Space,
- Google Now,
- New Notification bar and Notification Toggles,
- 2 Home Screen Modes
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Don’t use KIES or any other tools to back up the data because you may not be able to restore the data correctly.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
(Optional, but Recommended)
- Now, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S II I9100 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Menu Button and then holding these both buttons, you will need to turn ON the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select the option of “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option to make sure that the data gets wiped off from your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned data, you will need to head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLSJ Firmware:
- Download XWLSJ Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update & Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will need to extract both the files in your computer preferably to your desktop.
- Open Odin in your computer and turn Off your Galaxy S2 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + Menu Button and holding these both, press the power button at the same time while the device is turned Off.
- Once you see the green Robot, you need to connect your phone to the computer with original USB cable by ensuring that Odin is opened in your computer.
- As soon you connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” in Odin to select the .tar file which you will get after extracting the XWLSJ Firmware Package in the initial step. Once selecting, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is applied successfully, you will see that the device will be rebooted.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for total process of firmware update and may take more time than expected for rebooting the device as it will have to finalize the installation. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully and device shows up the home screen, disconnect the device.
- To check the firmware version, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as XWLSJ Jellybean 4.1.2.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.