XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware is an Official firmware update released by Samsung. This new version of update can be applied for all the Galaxy S3 devices which are network unlocked. XXELLC Android firmware version is the Official firmware released for Indian Galaxy S3 smartphones. Just in case if you are on the custom ROM firmware or if you have rooted the device, then after applying this update the warranty will be restored which is the best part. Also, this firmware version fixes almost all the bugs related to overheating and low battery issues.
Change log of XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Improved Camera Quality,
- Overheating issue Addressed,
- App Crashes in Some games has been fixed,
- Force Close Error in Touch WiZ Launcher issue is rectified,
- S Cloud
Note: Applying this update neither void the warranty nor will root the device in any manner. Also, if your device is pre rooted, the root access will be removed once you apply with this update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S III I9300 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually. Don’t use KIES or any other tools like ROM Manager to back up the data because you may not be able to restore the data correctly.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXELLC Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files to the desktop and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy SIII so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in Galaxy S Duos can be entered by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + Menu Button and holding these both, press the power button at the same time while the device is turned Off.
- Once Galaxy S3 device enters in the Download Mode, connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed.
Note: If the ID: COM section is not turned yellow, then you will need to install the latest version of KIES and disable all antivirus suites. Also, check with the cable as only original USB cable should be used.
- Click on “PDA” to select “” which you will get from the extracted folder. Once selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Disconnect your Galaxy S3 from computer only when you see the Language Settings.
- To check the firmware version, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware version. If there is any other firmware version shown then you will have to again re apply the update.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Very soon we will be coming out with many firmwares for Galaxy S3 which will bring the features of Galaxy S4.