Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 which ropes in brilliant features of Jellybean right into your smartphone. As there are still no message or word on by when there will be official firmware updates rolling out for Galaxy S2 I9100G variant of Jellybean 4.2.2 but be rest assured as we will help you update with all the latest. Though this is not an Official firmware update, you can still go and apply this update. Previously we saw on how you can update your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with the Slim Bean ROM, but this is an advanced version of the same.
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you don’t make use of the PC Suite to create a backup of all your data. With the help of below mentioned steps, you can manually update the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Before proceeding, you need to first enter the device into the Recovery Mode so that you can wipe the phone completely.
- The Galaxy S2 I9100G can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone. Once the data is wiped, you then will have to select the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy S2.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted which you can check the same with the help of below mentioned links,
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung GALAXY S2 GT I9100G doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide which will help you upgrade the device firmware.