The Froyo i.e. Android 2.2 version update which was very much awaited for the Samsung Galaxy S devices, has finally started coming in, firstly with the European devices. The update mainly includes the fix of GPS navigation system which was improper in the phones using the 2.1 version of Android. Update can be done through the Samsung Kies software for Windows.
The froyo update has the main changes, as Samsung states in the press release –
- Google MapsTM with Navigation: GPS navigation system with voice guidance
- Home Screen/Menu Preview and Edit : Preview by pinch-zoom
- Setup Wizard: Quickly customize the GALAXY S and access networks with ease
- Search in-Browser : Google™, Translate, Wikipedia, Dictionary
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1: Allow the web browser to make full use of the whole web
The JIT(Just in Time) compiler included in the 2.2 version, surely improves the performance and the speed of the device.
The other minor changes that users noticed are the new search widget, the improved gmail application, better default keyboard pattern, an option for you to have colored icons, and better graphic display.