So, how many times you wanted to import the contacts and failed to do so or found so many options that you have confused and unable to follow even one. So, no more hassles as we will tell you now on how you can easily import the contacts to your Android phone effortlessly. Also, the methods which we will be talking about will be very simple and also easy to configure so that the people who have recently moved on to the world of Android can too benefit from this and can import the contacts to your Android phone.
Procedure to import contacts to Android:
By using the Outlook Method:
- To get started first of all you need to go to Outlook and then you will have to go to “Export“ option and then you need to export the contacts to the CSV format file.
- Now, you will have to go to your Gmail account, login with the correct password and then you will have to click on the “Contacts” tab from the left pane after which you need to go to “import” option and need to select the same which is just located in the column of “New contact” tab.
- Now, you need to just click on the “Browse” tab and need to select the CSV format file after which you can also check the mark for the option “Also add these imported contacts to…” for adding the contacts to the other groups, you can also skip this option if you want and after this just click on the “Import” option to import the same.
So, once the uploading is finished you will see that all the contacts are listed here and you need to make sure that you have the Gmail account for syncing the phone.
From SD Card or SIM Card:
- Many times it happens that we upgrade from a lower end phones which don’t even have either the bluetooth or USB Cable connectivity and other sharing options so that you can transfer all the contacts, so here the only way to transfer the contacts is via the SIM card. First you need to copy all the contacts into your sim card in the Old phone and then you need to insert this SIM card in the Android phone.
- After entering the sim card in the Android phone you will have to go to “Contacts”, tap or press on the “Menu” and then you will find an option called “Import/Export”.
- As soon as you select the option “Import/Export” you will get options like “Import from SIM Card”, “Import from SD Card”. Simply select any one of the both and after which you will be easily able to update your contact list after which the contacts will be updated automatically.
So, by following the above two methods you can easily to import the contacts and also additionally you can backup the contacts too to avoid importing the contacts again. Also, be it any problems or issues you can check out our all new dedicated Android forums page where you can put down any query/problem and we promise to solve the same so that every problem/query about your Android will be solved.