Of late many people like me have been continuously switching from Nokia device to the block buster Android. Since Nokia and Android devices are built on different platforms you cannot directly sync all your precious messages of your Nokia device to your Android device but does that mean that there is no way you can transfer the messages, no its absolutely not.
Now, let’s check out the quick guide on how to transfer all your messages to Android device from your Nokia handset. To initiate first, you will be needing Nokia Ovi suite.
Procedure to transfer messages from Nokia to Android device:
1. After installing Nokia Ovi Suite, you need to open it and need to click on sync Messaging by clicking on sync on Messaging tab.
- Now, after clicking on sync, you can see that messages start to sync with a progress bar as shown below.
- After sync gets finished, you will get a dialog box saying that the syncing of messages have been successfully completed.
- Now, all you have to make sure that you close this Ovi Store application completely, if you have opted to close by clicking on “X” mark on the Ovi store window it generally tends to work in background. if it is so then go to the system tray that is near Clock which is located at bottom right side of your main screen and right click on “Ovi” icon and choose Exit.
- Now, you have to download a third party application which is called as Nokia2AndroidSMS software tool which will help in the further process of transferring messages from Nokia device to your Android device. What it actually does is it converts all sms text messages from Nokia Ovi data files into an XML file format which is supported by SMS back up and restore application of Android.
- You will have to extract the zip file and then extract it to the desktop or any of your convenient location and after extraction, open Nokia2AndroidSMS.exe file.
- When you click on exe file mentioned above a pop up window will be popping up where in just you need to click on Convert tab as shown below.
- As soon as you click on convert, a new XML file will be generated and the same will be save on to the location where you have extracted the Nokia2AndroidSMS software, like in my case i have got output file on desktop as i have extracted files to desktop as shown below:
- Generally, the application should automatically finds all data stores created by Nokia Ovi and automatically selects the 1st one by default.
- Now, on your Android device, search in the Android Market place for an application called SMS Backup & Restore and install it. Connect the Android phone to your PC and copy the .xml file into the SMSBackupRestore folder on the phone by exploring the phone via desktop or Laptop.
- Now, simply run SMS Backup & Restore tool from your Android device and choose Import messages option to transfer all your SMS messages.
Bingo! there you go, now you have successfully transferred all your text messages from Nokia Mobile to your Android device.