Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone receives an all new update which is dubbed as XXUFME3 and ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. The build number of JDQ39 build and comes with most of the Galaxy S4 features which includes new S4 Lock screen along with the multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message. With other features like day dream etc. too have been added in this latest firmware. We have mentioned the detailed list of features below;
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– New Additions in Notification Center
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the S4)
– Addition of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from S4)
– New smart switch widget
Note: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner as this update has been officially rolled out by Samsung.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data back.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy S3.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed step-by-step guide on how to update your Galaxy S3 firmware with the latest XXUFME3 Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.