After much speculation, the update for Samsung Nexus S has arrived, for those who missed out the OTA (over the air) update, we will guide you on how you can update your Nexus S from here and also since it is being rolled out slowly and will take some time to reach all of them we will tell you in the due course of the article on how you can update your Nexus S from here itself. Also, this one will be beneficial for all those who don’t want to end up having fat bill towards the data consumption which will take place while downloading and installing the same update on your Nexus S. Please note that though there are no issues of data wipe after updating with the update patch, it’s highly recommended to backup all your sms, contacts and apps so that in an unlikely event even if you lose the data, you will be easily able to restore the same.
Procedure to install the 2.3.3 OTA update for Nexus S:
- First of all you will have to download the update.zip from here to your PC or Laptop.
- Now, when the file gets successfully downloaded, you now need to rename the file to update.zip.
- Now, with the help of USB cable, connect the Nexus S with the computer or Laptop and transfer the update.zip file to the internal storage of Nexus S.
- Now, power off the device, get into recovery mode which can be done by pressing Volume UP Key and then reboot the device to the boot loader, now using the volume key, navigate and enter the Recovery Mode by selecting the same and pressing the Power button.
- Now, you will see a warning symbol and a triangle after this hold the power button and press the volume up key after which you will see the Menu
- From the menu, select the option “apply update from /sdcard” and choose the “update.zip” file which you have placed in the internal storage of SD Card.
It will take some time to update the device, as soon as the update gets finished, choose the option of “reboot system now” and there you go, you will see that the OTA update of 2.3.3 has been successfully installed.