How to Root at&t Powered HTC One X – Simple Tutorial
AT&T HTC One X users can now easily root their devices as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to easily you can root your devices on the latest ICS 4.0.3 firmware. Please be informed that, once you root the device, the warranty will get void. Once rooted, you can easily install the apps which need the root access. This process should only be applied to the devices which are latched on to the ATT network and not on the International unlocked / locked version of HTC One X as it may even brick the device.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow before applying this rooting process. To revoke the rooting access at any point of time, all you need to do is to just apply the default firmware in your device which we will try to come up with the article. Rooting will not interrupt the updates and despite rooting, you will be receiving the constant updates from HTC or AT&T.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Though there is no data loss advisory, but it’s highly recommended to back up the date so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of simple instructions.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. You should have the admin rights in your PC along with the active USB ports with full read / write access.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next section where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to ROOT HTC ONE X on at&t firmware.
Procedure to Root HTC One X powered by at&t network:
- First up you need to download and install the HTC Drivers in your phone. Once installing the drivers, you now need to download the Rooting Zip File in your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer. Extract the Root.zip file into the computer and then click on the “root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script” file in your computer.
Note: just in case if the phone doesn’t get rooted successfully, you need to repeat the whole process from the start to root your phone.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your AT&T powered HTC One X. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting your device as we will try our level best to sort out the same.