Official Value Pack for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5363 arrives and we will be guiding you over a period of this article. This all new Official firmware from Samsung is dubbed as XXLL1 and brings in the updated and renewed version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware which is highly optimized to even run games like Temple Run without any hiccups. There was earlier issues with the GPU Overheating and is fixed in this firmware version. Along with the addressing of GPU Heating, Samsung has also addressed issues related to Frequent force close errors and app crashes as it was reported by most of the users.
So, before we head over to the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware in your device, you will have to go through the list of pre requisites which we have mentioned below.
Pre Firmware Update Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Y GT-S5363 should be backup up using the Super Backup Tool as with this tool you can create a backup of all your SMS, Contacts, Call Log, Bookmarks and also Apps. And without rooting the device, you can create a backup of all the data.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you have taken a backup of all the data, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Y GT-S5363 with Value pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download XXLL1 Gingerbread Value Pack firmware update Package and Odin from here to your computer. Extract both of the files and then all you need to do is to just Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your Galaxy Y GT-S5363 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode in Galaxy Y GT-S5363 can be entered by pressing Volume Down + Menu Button + Power button till you see the Download Mode screen. Just in case if the device boots up in the normal mode, you will have to re try the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Now, in Odin you need to click on “PDA” to select “S5363XXLL1_S5363NEELL1_S5363XXLL1_HOME.tar.md5” file from the extracted firmware zip file and once it’s done, click on “Start” the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the Galaxy Y GT-S5363 will be rebooted.
- Once you see the Welcome screen in your Galaxy Y GT-S5363, you will now need to disconnect the device from the computer and use it the way you want to. To check whether the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware version will be mentioned as XXLL1 Gingerbread Value Pack Firmware.
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the continuous Boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and boot the device normally. Or else you need to re-apply the update by following the steps above.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues so that we can assist you as soon as possible. Very soon we will be also coming out with ICS firmware update for Galaxy Y GT-S5363. Stay tuned to AndroidAdvices.