Advisory: This update is not applicable for the users of I9000M/B, Vibrant, Captivate or Mesmerize or any other similar models like I9001 Plus or I9003 models of Galaxy. The below mentioned article is just valid for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
Just in case if you have updated with the latest version of Gingerbread 2.3.5 XXJVT firmware for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000, then we are here to bring another update of an all new Gingerbread 2.3.5 release. This all new update is released via KIES and is dubbed as XFJVA and is the Gingerbread 2.3.5 version of firmware. This update is an improved version of Gingerbread 2.3.5 which comes with many stability fixes and also is found to be the firmware which comes with the better battery backup. The best part of this version is that it can be applied by any of the Galaxy S GT I9000 users.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Tab which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t require you to root the phone and also applying this firmware won’t root the phone which means that the warranty too won’t be void.
- If you are already on the rooted firmware then the rooting access will be revoked after applying with this firmware.
Let’s proceed with the quick list of pre requisites followed by the instructions to apply this new Gingerbread 2.3.5 release of XFJVA.
Quick List of Pre Requisites:
- Back up all the user data present in your phone as this may get lost or corrupted in the process of firmware update. Just in case if any damage is done to your data, the same can be replaced with the backed up one. With the below mentioned tips, one can easily backup and restore the data.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Ensure that the device is charged with the minimum of 60% so as to make sure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the process of the firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your phone. It can be enabled from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Additionally, close all the tools like Antivirus, Firewall and PC Suite in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of the firmware update.
Special Instructions to users on Any Custom ROMs:
If you are on any of the custom ROMs then you will have to enter into the recovery mode to clear all the cache files or else you may face issues while applying this update of Gingerbread 2.3.5 XFJVA.
The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the below mentioned video to know more on how to enter into the recovery mode.
In the recovery mode select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Now, without wasting any further time lets proceed to the procedure to apply this firmware to your phone in the next page.