Update Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 to Froyo XXJPY 2.2.1
Many of them who have installed the last firmware that is 2.2.1 XXJPU version have complained about the incompatibility of the Galaxy S with the Kies desktop. There is practically no fix for the XXJPU version but now the latest version of 2.2.1 has arrived which is much faster, improved and also comes with Kies support. So, let’s check out the simple procedure with which you can install the same, please ensure that you have backed up all you information including your contact information and other data files which you feel important. The best way to back up your contacts is either with on-device backup tool or you can backup your contacts with the Gmail client. Please note that all you applications too will be erased after installing the new firmware on your device.
Also, most importantly, please note that this update is purely for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 model and not for any devices like for Vibrant, Captivate, Mesmerize, Fascinate and Epic. So, let’s proceed and check out how you can update your device with the latest 2.2.1 XXJPY version easily. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps carefully as this may brick your phone if you don’t follow the steps.
Procedure to update 2.2.1 XXJPY on your Samsung Galaxy S:
- Firstly, you need to download the 2.2.1 XXJPY version and need to save the zip file as it is on the desktop.
- Next up after installing the file, you need to open the Odin 1.3 client so that you can install this downloaded firmware into your device.
- Now in the Odin interface as shown above, click on the PIT button and choose the 512.pit file (you can find this file in the extracted folder which you have downloaded).
- Please note that, you need to check the Re-partition box under the options section of Odin and leave the rest of the option as it is without changing or modifying any options. Now, after backing up your device switch off your device, remove your SIM card if you have one and your micro SD card if you have inserted any in the device.
- Now Please follow this simple step very carefully as now you will have to boot up your device in the download mode. To boot up your phone into the download mode, for doing this you simply need to press hold down the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle one). While still holding those 2 buttons down now press and hold the power button and keep holding these buttons until you boot up with a screen as shown below,
- So, now, when you see the download mode screen, connect your device with the computer using USB Cable and after that you will find the screen like shown below.
- Now, after this, you need to click on Start button and Odin will update the firmware on its own, make sure that you don’t plug out your device with computer or else this may interrupt the installation and may brick your phone.
- So, now once you see the above screen with a Green box showing PASS! in the Odin then it means that your device has been successfully installed with the new firmware XXJPY 2.2.1 stock and is now safe for you to remove the USB cable from your phone and now you need to boot your device.
- Now after successful installation of the new firmware its now time to optimize your device with new firmware so that your phone becomes faster and zippier. First turn off your device, long press the volume up key, press Menu as holding both the buttons press the power button to start. You can see that after device gets switched ON, you will find options like clear cache data. You can clear that by selecting options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
This is it, your device now restarts and you can check by going to Settings and then to About phone to find the current firmware of your Android device, it will show XXJPY 2.2.1. Please note that this upgrading neither needs you to root your device or roots your device after installing the new firmware.