The Google Maps is the best mapping service provided by Google for free for non-commercial use. The Google Maps services is available on the smartphones to provide point to point navigation. Here in this article we will go on how to access offline Android Maps parts with Pre-Cache Labs features.
Access Offline Android Maps with Pre-Cache Labs Feature
This is how you can enable Offline Maps access on Pre-Cache Labs –
- Open Maps in your Android mobile phone.
- Wait until the maps loads fully and then press the Menu button. Further choose More options > Labs.
- Google keeps experimenting on the on the various features and takes inputs from the users to improve their services to provide new improvements. All the experimental features are present in Labs section of the Maps and users who wish to try out this feature can enable them.
- In the Labs section you will find the a feature called “Pre-Cache Map Area“. This options once enabled will be able to load your Google Maps in the places where you don’t have internet connection.
- Something like if you are going on a trip for a place where there is no data coverage, the ‘Precache map area‘ option on the Place Pages will load up the map area before you go. The users one time have to load that place on their phone to catch the cache map area. Once you do that it will take certain time to Precache map area within the 10 meters of area that you have selected.