Heads Up! While Google still playing hide and seek game when it comes to speaking about the availability of Google Glasses Wearable gadget, it’s time for you to have a look at various options which can give a tough to Google. The best part is that out of the 6 options which we will be checking out, some options are even available now which means that you can even start using those.
- Pivothead SMART ($399)
The Pivothead Smart takes the Glass experience to the next level, as it isn’t limited to just capturing and you would be able to capture, share and tell your stories from your own perspective. SMART here means “Simple Modular Application-Ready Technology ” and there is whole big list of things you can actually do using the Pivothead SMART glasses and it is very much different from the Pivot Head which we have talked about below. One can live stream full HD videos directly to the web browser and can use Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and some smart MODs can be added to the Pivothead SMART. The glasses can be managed wirelessly from the computer or smartphone and Android based apps can be used with the Pivothead smart. It is more than what one can imagine, and the project is right now on Kickstarter for the funding from fans who would love to get one.
Fund and order one here – Indiegogo project.
- Pivot Head 1080P 8Mp Video Recording – Recommended ($299):
Pivothead offers some beautiful sunglasses which offer a amazing video recording feature with a support of 1080P using the 8Mp Camera. It comes at a budget price of just $299 which is 5 times lower than the Google Glasses and comes with a 2Gb Ram, Different capture modes and the camera is based on Sony CMOS Image Sensor.Check features, price and more information on Amazon here.
- Recon Jet ($599):Recon Jet Wearable Glasses comes with the 1GHz of Dual Core ARM Cortex Processor which also comes with a 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal memory. Powered with 9 Axis Sensors along with pressure, altimeter and barometric apps sensor framework, this is a truly remarkable gadget. You can also refer to a short video about this Recon Jet Wearable glass to get more idea on how this device works.If that was not enough, then this wearable glass also comes in a very ultra-compact design which also packs in a Wide Screen 16:9 WVGA Display, Wi Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro USB Support, HD Camera and integrated Speaker and Microphone. As per the Recon Jet, this is the World’s Most Advanced Wearable computer.
Price: Recon Jet is priced at $599 and can be purchased from its own website.
- Vuzix Smart Glass M100: ($400 – $500):Vuzix Smart Glass M100 is the latest yet intelligent Hands Free Display for smartphones which truly redefines the interface in this digital world. This device has also won a CES Innovation Design Award in 2013. Vuzix Smart Glass M100 comes with the WQVGA Color display which has an aspect ratio of 16:9 and also comes with the 1GB of RAM and Fully optimized ICS Android 4.0 display.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY3GCKMitjI&feature=player_embeddedAlong with 4GB of flash memory, this device also comes with the OMAP 4430 1GHz Processor along with the micro sd card slot. This device comes with a battery life of 8 hours and also has a 3 degree of freedom head tracking and 9 optical sensors which includes Gyro, Accelomenter and integrated compass parameters. This wearable device also comes with WiFi 802.11 b/g/n support and Bluetooth capability. This device supports IOS and Android and costs around $400 – $500.
- Meta Space Glasses ($667):
Welcome to augmented reality says the makers of Meta Space Glasses which comes with the Augmented Reality 3D Glasses. Along with twin 960 x 540 pixel resolution, this device boasts TFT LCD Displays which comes with 23 degrees of field view. With 720p RGB Camera, this device also comes with 9 degree of freedom sensors which provides a holistic view of all the things. You can refer to the video which is mentioned below;https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b7I7JuQXttwThe best part of this is that it also comes with some augmented reality apps like Chess, 3D Sculp Print tool, Laser tag, Metacraft and Voxel editor. The streamlined version of this glass comes with the price tag of $667 and can be ordered from Space Glasse’s website.
- Telepathy One:Telepathy One is also one of the most strongest contenders when it comes with the Google Glass competitor as it recently even managed to get a funding of 5Million USD and expected to come in the market by early 2014. Though there are no exact specs of this wearable glass but it’s expected that this one too will be coming with the Full HD 16:9 Resolution Supporting capability along with the 1GHz of Quad Core processor and 2GB of RAM to make sure that its powerful than any other wearable glass on earth.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmWlxYp3-YThe pricing details of Telepathy one is not yet available, but we will keep you posted as soon as it’s available.
- Glass Up ($299):The GlassUp eyeglasses report the incoming e-mails, text messages, tweets, Facebook updates and promises to empower you to see more than ever. This device comes with the 65gms of weight, powered with Android OS and Bluetooth LE Connectivity option and with a whopping 24 hours of battery life, this seems an awesome glass up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=os6bqbTo4QsThough there is still no confirmed details about the processor, RAM and Chipset details, we will keep you posted once it’s there. Just in case if you wish to buy this then it’s available in the Indiegogo’s website for $299.
Do let us know on out of these 5 Smart Wearable glasses, which one is your favorite and why in the comments section below?