Download Android 4.2 Jelly Bean SDK Source Code & ADT Bundle for Windows, Mac, Linux
The source code for the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system is released, and the SDK is available for download which means we would be able to see custom ROMs available pretty soon from developers, and only for those who have the Android 4.2 OS in their devices. The API level 17 of the Android 4.2 SDK includes quite a few features which developers can play with, and make things far interesting.
- The SDK includes the native RTL support, with which one can create apps in the native languages such as Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian. There is also inclusion of a variety of font and character optimizations for Korean, Japanese, Indic, Thai, Arabic and Hebrew writing systems.
- New interaction and entertainment experiences – Support for the external displays is there, so multiple displays can be attached.
- Multiple lock screen widgets can be placed on the lock screen, along with the interactive screensaver named Daydream.
To start developing and testing out the Android 4.2 OS platform, you can download the SDK file from the SDK file manager. Something about the SDK –
The Android SDK provides you the API libraries and developer tools necessary to build, test, and debug apps for Android. The SDK includes all the components that a new developer would need to start developing apps, and these components come along with Eclipse IDE with built-in ADT (Android Developer Tools).
- Eclipse + ADT plugin
- Android SDK Tools
- Android Platform-tools
- The latest Android platform
- The latest Android system image for the emulator
The SDK bundles are released for Windows, Mac OS and Linux too. You can head to the SDK page at developer.android.com and download any Bundle or the direct SDK tools for the operating system you are using on your computer. The system requirements include the Eclipse IDE, which has –
- Eclipse 3.6.2 (Helios) or greater
- Note: Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo) is no longer supported with the latest version of ADT.
- Eclipse JDT plugin (included in most Eclipse IDE packages)
- JDK 6 (JRE alone is not sufficient)
- Android Development Tools plugin (recommended)
Computer OS requirements:
- Windows XP (32-bit), Vista (32- or 64-bit), or Windows 7 (32- or 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later (x86 only)
- Linux (tested on Ubuntu Linux, Lucid Lynx)