There have been many instances wherein in in your Android Phone you might want to reset the phone many times, generally just in case if you have set any password authentication and you forget the password or say pattern, then you will be asked to enter the Google Account ID to which you have first registered your phone. But since there are users who are not aware of which Gmail account has been added or if Gmail account was never added then you will have no other alternative but to reset the phone which we will see in the due course of the article.
Please note that you will have to follow the instructions carefully or else there is a high probability that you may end up bricking up the phone. So, in the due course of this article we will see on how you can reset the phone so that you can easily remove the locked state of the phone where it used to ask you the lock code / lock pattern to unlock the phone. So, in other terms, we will see in this article on how you can fix the Unlock Pattern problem by resetting the device for which we need to reset the phone first after which the unlock pattern prompt will automatically be forgot.
Note: We should not be held responsible in any manner if anything goes wrong with the handset due to non-following of the instructions which are mentioned below. Please note that in an unlikely event if the device turns Off due to no battery then you will have to remove the battery, re insert it and then you will have to try the process of resetting.
Procedure to Reset HTC Wildfire Android Smartphone:
- First up you will have to turn Off the phone and need to ensure that at least the phone is charged to a level that it can withstand the whole process of resetting which will take around 20 – 25 minutes. Preferable the full charge will be recommended by us but just in case if it’s really urgent then you need to charge the phone in such a way that it will last for 30 minutes at least.
- So, once you have turned Off the phone, you will have to now press the volume Down Key and simultaneously you need to press the Power button so as to enter in the recovery mode from where we will see the screen as see in the screen capture below.
- Now, in the recovery mode you will see a green screen which is shown above and then you will have to press the Volume down Key and then you will have to choose the option of “Clear Storage”. The selection can be made by pressing the power button.
- As soon as you do so then you will now have to press the Volume Down key to “Clear Storage” and then you will have to press and release the Power button. So, as soon as you confirm the same by selecting this option, you will have to again press the “Volume Up” key for YES.
- After the selection, the phone will be rebooted and then you will see that it will take around 15 – 20 minutes for the whole process to get completed.
- Please note that all the data which is stored in the phone will get erased for which we should not be held responsible. That is the reason from time to time you should make use of the PC Suite software like HTC Sync so that the data can be backed up and the same can be restores in such instances.
In the process of the resetting it may take time up to 30 minutes in some case, so you will have to ensure that the process is not interrupted in any manner. So, once the resetting is done, the device will be rebooting and there you go, you have now successfully resetted the phone. Last but not the least ensure that you don’t forget the lock pattern for which you need to reset the phone again and note the Gmail account which you have added in your phone.