Dropbox is a free cloud hosting services which simplifies the life by allowing users to get files cloud which can be accessed by any platformed based device like laptop, tablet and mobile phone. It makes accessing of important files easier and you never email a file again to your other electronic product that you have. Dropbox initially provides 2 GB of free storage for you for anyone who registers with them. Here comes a Dropbox hack by which you can get more space than you can get the maximum cap of 10 GB per user via referral. This time is whooping 23 GB up for grab and let me tell you that this is not a promotional offer or campaign by Dropbox. Let me make it clear that this is a third party application file and it involves installation of APK files on your Android device. This was released by theos0o on XDA Forums and we thank him for the efforts.
I was struggling with 2 GB storage which came free initially when any one signs up for Dropbox. Latter I found that by referring users you can add 250 MB for each successful referral and maximum was set to 10 GB via referral. Above that users have to pay yearly fee to get higher amount of storage. Follow the procedure below on how you can get additional 23 GB of free storage on your Dropbox –
- First you need to uninstall the existing Dropbox app and to do that follow the path Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Dropbox and tap uninstall.
- On the other side you need to download the APK file on your Android smartphone. To install this APK file you need to make sure that you have turned on the ‘Unknown Source’ under Settings > Application.
- Now tap on the APK file and it will ask for the confirmation to install or not. Tap on Install.
- You will further find that Dropbox will be installed on your phone.
- Finally it will be installed.
- When you tap on the Continue to Dropbox, you will be taken to further step of setting up your email with Dropbox.
- Once you install the APK file and complete full installation of Dropbox APK file you will a mail at your registered email ID which says –
Hi Android Advices,
Congrats on becoming a Dropbox Guru! We’ve awarded you 23 GB of bonus space for the next 24 months! You now have 33.5 GB on Dropbox. To get even more space, check out our upgrade options.
Thanks again for supercharging your HTC device with Dropbox!
That’s it. That complete installation and you can now enjoy additional 32 GB of storage on your device. But this 23 GB free storage will last for at maximum of two years and once you complete two years, you will be asked to upgrade your account to premium.