So, if you have recently bought in an all new Google’s Nexus S which is powered with the latest Android operating system Gingerbread 2.3 and found that it is a locked one then let’s proceed on how you can unlock the device as well as lock again whenever you feel like. Please note that you need to have Android 2.3 Gingerbread SDK installed on your device before we proceed to rooting of the device to unlock or to lock.
Procedure to Unlock Nexus S Boot loader:
- First you need to switch off your Google Nexus S and need to reboot your Nexus S by pressing Volume Up first and then Power button so that it is booted in standard recovery mode.
- Now you need to open the Command Prompt which can be selected as Run > CMD and then you need to type fast boot devices so that you can make sure that your phone is connected via USB.
- Just type in the adb reboot boot loader and fast boot OEM unlock to unlock your boot loader.
- Just select Yes, and Unlock Boot loader using the volume keys.
Procedure to Lock Nexus S Boot loader:
- First you need to type adb reboot boot loader
- Then you need to enter fast boot OEM lock.
So now you have now successfully learnt on how you can unlock and lock the Google Nexus S.