For all those who own Sprint handsets of Nexus S as well as Nexus S 4G, here comes a great news as you can now enjoy the rooting process for your handsets, be it any version of firmware you are on, you can easily root your handsets easily. Basically, the rooting unlocks the device to a whole new level of possibilities which are helpful in further customizing the device which is the best part of the Android devices compared to other devices like Apple or say even Nokia whose operating systems are not so customizable which Android are. For your simplicity, we have come up with the simplest possible procedure to root your device unlike some of the complex and lengthy techniques.
So, let’s check out the same in the due course of this article on how you can easily root you devices. Before proceeding to the rooting procedure, you will have to ensure that you follow the below mentioned pre requisites carefully also most importantly you will have to also note that the rooting procedure will void the warranty, though the warranty can be claimed back once you un root the device. So, let’s proceed and see the instructions below. And also, we take no responsibility for your device and we should not be held responsible for any manner in part or in whole and proceed for the tutorial to root solely at your risk. It’s an unlikely even that you may brick your phone if you follow the instructions which are mentioned below.
Pre Root Instructions:
- Warranty will get void once you root Nexus S as well as Nexus S 4G, though warranty can be claimed once you un root your device.
- In an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your device, so it’s recommended to create a backup of all the data like call log, messages, applications, music, videos and other data which is present in the phone, so that you can restore the same once the rooting process is completed.
- Ensure that you have the installed the latest framework in your computer or also you can install the latest version of KIES which is dubbed as KIES 2 so as to ensure that all the required drivers are installed successfully.
- It’s very important to maintain a minimum battery power of 50% so as to facilitate the smoother rooting process or else there is a high possibility that your device may end up turning completely off in the process of rooting.
- Since the process of rooting will be taking place, all the APN settings with which you access the Internet will be wiped off completely, so ensure that you have noted all the required settings for accessing the internet so that you can configure them again back once the device gets rooted. Also, additionally ensure that you have also backed up the MMS Settings and other settings as in an unlikely event sometimes you may end up losing all the 3G Settings as well as the APN or MMS settings in the process of Rooting the device.
- Last but not the least follow the below mentioned instructions carefully so as to save your phone from being turned into an expensive paper weight.
Procedure to Root Sprint 4G as well as Nexus S as well as Nexus S 4G:
- First up you will have to download the Rooting package for Nexus S / Nexus S 4G device to your computer. Please note that after you download the zip file, you will have to unzip the same and in the process of unzipping if it prompts for the password then enter the password as androidadvices.com and nothing else. Kindly make a note of it as it has been found that despite mentioning several times its repeatedly being asked in the comments section.
- It’s always recommended to extract the files to the desktop as it will be easier for you to find the same. Now, after extraction of the files, just connect your Nexus S 4G or Nexus S device to the computer with the help of USB cable but ensure that you have enabled the USB Debugging which can be done by going to Settings > applications > Development and enable USB Debugging. Its highly recommended to not to mount the SD card when you connect your phone with the computer.
- Now, next up you will have to open the One click Nexus S 4G folder along with the drivers which should be required to root the device. Also, most importantly the drivers will be in the folder of PDA NET A 300 x64 for the 64 bit windows while for 32 bit windows you will have to select PDA NET A 300 32 bit.
- After this you will have to click on the Run.exe file as soon as you finish installing the drivers.
- That’s it you will have to now follow the on screen instructions to root your Nexus S 4G or Nexus S device. Please note that this process takes around 10 minutes which is the maximum time it will take for rooting the device.
- Now, as soon as the rooting is finished you will have to reboot the device after which you will have to open the Android Market Place and then search for the application called the Root Checker and download the same.
After successful completion of the download, just tap on the application to open the same after which it will tell you whether the device has been successfully rooted or not, if the device is not rooted then you will have to follow the above procedure to root the same.
Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset. You will have to contact your Service provider which is Verizon Wireless to get more info on the APN Settings. Not to forget also configure the MMS Settings. Do let us know if you face any issues while rooting the device as we will see to it that the issues are solved. Just in case if the rooting process is interrupted in the middle then you just need to re follow the whole procedure from the start to root your device.