How To Update Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
Just like we bring constant updation tutorials for other phones like Samsung Galaxy S, htc Phones and Motorola Phones etc., so let’s check out on how you can update your Xperia Arc with the latest firmware with the help of the flash tool. So, let’s proceed and see on how you can update with the same on your phone. Please note that if you are a first timer then you will have to follow all the below instructions carefully so as to facilitate smoother firmware update for your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. If you don’t follow the procedure which is mentioned below then there is a high probability that you may end up bricking your device. The best part of this firmware update is that any one from any part of the World who has Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc phone can proceed and update his phone.
Pre upgrade instructions:
1. Before proceeding to update, you need to ensure that you have synced all your contacts with your Google Account, all sms, applications, videos and music files which are there in your phone should be taken a backup or else the data will be lost. Anything which is in SD card will not be lost, so you can alternatively move to SD Card.
2. Next up remove the SIM card as well as the external SD cards if any in your phone, just to make sure that in an unlikely event the data in it doesn’t get corrupted,
3. Ensure that you have kept original USB cable handy which you have got with your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc,
4. Additionally, ensure that your phone has at least more than 50% of battery power left, this is just an advisory which if followed then you will not experience any difficulties as while updation of the device the battery consumption is at a maximum,
5. Ensure that your computer / laptop which runs on a XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS the firewall and other antivirus programs are disabled and also you should have admin privileges to download and install the software including the drivers and also along with this you will be requiring the USB port on your computer which supports USB 2.0.
6. Last but not the least, you will have to ensure that you follow the instructions carefully. Kindly note that by doing this process you will not be voiding the warranty and also if you have earlier rooted your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc before then after the firmware update the root access will be revoked and then again you will have to root the device.
Procedure to flash firmware on Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc:
- First up you will have to download the package which is the Flash Tool with which will help you in updating the firmware of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Please note that as soon as you download the flash tool package in your computer, you just will have to extract the same to get the RAR file of Flash tool on which you will have to double click to open the same so that the archive of the Flash tool will be extracted successfully in your computer. Please note that just in case while extracting if it prompts you to enter the password then enter the password as “androidadvices.com”.
- So as soon as you extract the file you will get to see the flash tool package and click on the same to open it, now as soon as you open i you will have to select the path where you wish to extract the flash tool auto extractable package by clicking on the “Parcourir” and then click on the option of “Extraire” after which on that location the file will be extracted with the contents which are shown below.
- Now, after this you will have to head to the extracted files and need to click on the exe file which is named as “X10FlashTool” as shown in the screen shot below.
- So, as soon as you open the executable file, you will see the notification as shown below,
- Now, next up you just will have to click on the flash option and then you will have to select the downloaded firmware. You can download any one firmware from the list of below mentioned firmwares right from Generic World wide version to the location specific firmware.
- First up you will have to switch off your phone and then you will have to extract the “flash tool firmware” which you have downloaded from the above one out of the three versions which are mentioned above. Please note that it will be the file which will be having the extension of “.ftf” file which will be in the “firmwares” folder.
- Now, all you need to do is to just copy this “.ftf” file which you have downloaded for your phone and then you will have to paste the same inside the “firmwares” folder.
- Just open the “X10 Flash Tool.exe” file and then as soon as the program opens you will have to just click on the “Flash” button and you will see the firmware which you have copied in the above step into the firmware folder.
- Now, next up it will prompt you to connect the phone with the computer and then you will have to connect the device to the computer with the USB cable and then you will have to pick your phone up and then just hold the “Back key” which is located at the bottom left of your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.
- Now, as soon as the phone is connected to the computer you will see that the flash tool will be automatically start the upgradation process, all you need to do is to just accept the notifications if there are any popped up in the due course of the update.
- So, as soon the process is completed you will be prompted to pull off the phone from the computer and then all you need to do is to just switch ON the device. Please note that the phone will take up to 10 minutes in booting the phone as this is the first start of the device as the firmware update will initiate the process of starting the device in the normal mode and also it applies all the critical updates which happened in the firmware update process.
If just in any case you are unable to complete the whole process and due to some reasons if you failed to upgrade the device then don’t panic and instead just re follow the whole procedure from the start to facilitate the smoother firmware updation process. So, in this way by following the above instructions carefully you have successfully updated the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Do let us know in the comments section below if you face any kind of issues as we will try our level best.