So for all the owners of HTC EVO 4G, here comes the great news for all you as there’s an all new Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for your HTC EVO 4G. So, are you ready to experience the magic of latest and the best Android version till now which is none other than Android 2.3 version. The Gingerbread ROM can be downloaded which is just above 90 MB. Please note that this ROM is neither the final version nor the beta version, this is just an experimental ROM, its only advised to install or update your HTC Evo 4G to Gingerbread if you know what you are doing as it may brick your device if the procedures are not followed as per the instructions given below. You will be requiring the ROM manager installed in your HTC Evo 4G and most importantly its highly recommended to backup all your data as you may lose data in the process of updation.
Before we proceed to the actual procedure please note that your device should be Rooted and also it should be installed with ROM Manager App which can be easily downloaded and installed from the Android’s marketplace. Also, most importantly you need to have a Nandroid backup of current ROM.
Procedure to Install Gingerbread 2.3 in HTC Evo 4G:
- First, you will need to Download Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for Evo 4G and need to save the same on the desktop.
- After downloading you need to now copy the downloaded content into the phone’s internal SD Card and not on the external SD card.
- Now, launch the ROM Manager app which you have downloaded in your Android device and select Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery from the Recovery section and need to install the current recovery for your HTC EVO 4G.
- You need to now have backup of current ROM so that if anything goes wrong with your device then you can get back to your last version. For doing this you will have to tap on the Backup current ROM option which is in the list of Backup and Restore section.
- Now, in the ROM Management list you need to tap on the Install ROM from SD Card and just need to wait for the process to get completed. It will take some time so there’s no need to worry if the screen is idle for few minutes.
After the process gets completed you can see that your HTC EVO 4G is now upgraded to the latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread version.