Last time we discussed on how you can install the latest Gingerbread 2.3 version on htc desire, now we will see how you can install the latest Gingerbread 2.3 version on your htc Legend. Officially, the Gingerbread 2.3 version of Android Operating system is currently only available for Google Nexus One, but soon it will be made official to all other devices too. But if you don’t want to wait till an official version comes out then we will guide you to install this version right on your device. Please note that your device has to be rooted and unlocked one.
Before we proceed for the updation of Gingerbread, you will have to first back up your data as you may lose whole data of your device. Also, please note that follow each step carefully and don’t jump to next step without carefully reading and implementing the same. It is better to read once and then proceed for updating your device. Since this is a beta version, some of the minute functionalities may or may not run. So, be careful before updating your device. So, let’s proceed towards the installation of Gingerbread on your HTC Legend.
Procedure to install Android 2.3 on your HTC Legend
1. Before we proceed to install the latest Android 2.3 on your HTC Legend you first need to download the Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for the HTC Legend. Though it’s still experimental and has a few bugs, the Cyanogen Mod 7 ROM (Android 2.3 for HTC Legend) is probably your best option and need to download the Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM for the HTC Legend on your computer.
2. Now, you need to Copy the downloaded ROM to the root of your SD card and need to insert this into your device. You can do it by either connecting your phone to your PC with the help of USB cable.
3. You now need to go to Android Market place and need to download the ROM manager and also the Clockwork Mod ROM Manager for your device. Basically, it allows you to install, back up and restore ROMs easily. Please note that it’s necessary to get the root access to your HTC Legend to use it, so make sure that your phone is rooted one plus most importantly unlocked too.
4. Now, open the ROM Manager application and select the Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery option to install the recovery ROM and then select the Backup Current ROM option which is used to backup your current ROM just in case if you wish to get back to the old firmware.
5. Now go back to the main menu of ROM Manager and click on Install ROM from SD Card. Now, you need to select the ROM which you downloaded on the SD Card and install this one. Also, most importantly make sure you wipe data and cache before installing as it will delete all the unwanted cache which is present, it may slow down your device. So, it’s always recommended to remove the cache.
If you come across any problem then do leave a comment and let us know, we will solve your problems. If the zip file which you have downloaded asks for the password then enter androidadvices.com. So, in this way you can easily install the latest Gingerbread operating system on your HTC Legend. It’s always advisable to read the procedure once and then proceed for updating the device. Also, this formware is not official firmware released by either by htc or even Android.