Install Android Play Store on Amazon Kindle Fire – The Easiest Way
The Amazon Kindle fire is a really good and cheap device which has been highly successful in very few days after its initial launch. While the old amazon Kindles were just e-Readers, the Amazon Kindle Fire runs on Android with Amazon’s own User interface optimized exclusively for the Kindle Fire on it.
One of the biggest drawbacks of getting a Amazon Kindle Fire over other Android budget tablets is that Amazon has blocked the normal content on all Android devices including the Android Play store ( previously known as Android Market ). This means that you cannot download or install any of the Android applications.
However, there is a workaround for this to make it work. You can install applications, games and much more like every other Android device on your Amazon Kindle Fire in the most easiest way possible. Follow these steps here:
Step 1: Root your Kindle Fire
- To root your Kindle Fire device, follow one of our easy tutorials here .
- If your device is already rooted, skip this step.
Step 2: Download the following APK files
Vending.apk (Latest Version 3.3.11)
- Download these files from here [File size 33MB]
Step 3: Now before we get started, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Settings menu in the Kindle Fire device and choose the “Device” subcategory and turn on “Allow Installation of Application From Unknown Sources” . This will enable a smooth process for us to install the Play Store.
- Now install the Root Explorer application by manually obtaining the apk file.
Step 4: Using the files which were downloaded initially, we can now install the Android Play Store on the Kindle Fire.
- Transfer both the APK files which you had downloaded and extracted to the Kindle Fire via USB into any directory of your choice.
- Now, open the Root Explorer app and navigate to the directory where the APK files have been transferred.
- Choose GoogleServiceFramework.apk and install it.
- Once the installation is complete, go back to the directory where Vending.apk is located. Now, press and hold (Long press) on the Vending.apk file and choose “Move” option.
- Navigate to the /system/app folder and change mount option from RO to RW. (Read Only to Read Write) . Now move the file into that directory.
- Long press Vending.apk again and select permissions from the pop up menu and change permissions to RW-R–R–
- Now select and install Vending.apk
- You must note that the Android Play Store app will not be seen in the default Applications menu of the Amazon Kindle Fire and some other external launcher like Go Launcher or ADW Launcher should be installed.
- To know how to install the third party launcher app, refer to our guide here
The process is complete and you can now enjoy all applications right from the Android Play Store and use them as and how you like after signing into your Google Account while you use the Play Store for the first time.