If you ever wanted to use Android SDK development kit so that you can create applications for the Android platform then you can easily do so, yes even on a desktop or on a laptop even without you needing to have an internet connection compulsorily. All you will need to do is to download some files which are like SDK Manager and the zip file first and then you can push these files in the pen drive or in any other transferable media and need to transfer the same to the desktop or laptop and install the same where internet connectivity is not available. Now, let’s check out on how you can download and install the same by following a simple procedure.
Procedure to download and install SDK Manager:
- First, you will need to download the SDK Manager accordingly as per your operating system platform like if you are on Windows OS, then you need to select the package for Windows itself and likewise you can choose from Mac and Linux too.
- Now, you will need to go to this link, where you will find a full page code where in you need to press “Ctrl + F” and need to enter android-2.2_r02-windows.zip in the search string if you wanted to download the SDK for Windows OS, android-2.2_r02-macosx.zip for MAC OS X platform or key in search string with android-2.2_r02-linux.zip for Linux platform.
- Now, all you need to do is copy the bolded code in the last step, like for windows android-2.2_r02-windows.zip and paste it in the url field after http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/ and then the direct download of the link will be initiated.
- Now, after downloading these two file, that are SDK Manager and the zip file, you can install the Android SDK on your computer without internet connection. For this you will have to first extract android-sdk_r06-windows.zip file also along with this android-2.2_r02-windows.zip.
- Now, after extracting the files copy all the files inside the folder android-2.2_r02-windows.zip and paste in extracted file …\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\platforms by creating folder like we did it as android 2.2 so that next time we can easily identify it.
- Now launch the android SDK tool by going to the path ….\android-sdk_r06-windows\android-sdk-windows\SDK Setup.exe where you have extracted the file and then SDK and AVD Manager will auto detect the SDK Platform automatically without you needing to manually direct the files to the exe file.
- Now, go to virtual devices and you need to click on New to create a new android virtual device as shown below:
- Now, a new window will be popped up where you can name your device as you want, choose target, set the size for the SD Card, choose the skin and then Create AVD to create your device as shown below
- Now, just all you need to do is to just simply click on Start to launch your virtual device.
As shown above and you can see that the new Android Virtual device is successfully installed in your desktop or laptop where internet connectivity is not available.