How to Install Semaphore Kernel on Samsung Galaxy S powered by XWJVZ Firmware
Just in case if you are waiting to update your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with the Semaphore Kernel which comes with the added features then we are here to guide you to update with the same. Please note that to install this semaphore kernel you will need to first up ensure that you are on the XWJVZ Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware. You can check your current firmware from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where it will show the Android version as XWJVZ Firmware. Installing Semaphore kernel helps you to make your device much speedier than ever and also this semaphore kernel allows you to convert your existing file system to much faster system called RFS File system.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Neither we nor developer hold the responsibility for the damage caused to your device in the process of updating the phone.
Applying this kernel in your phone will root the device and then the warranty will get void. To regain the warranty, you need to again apply the firmware of XWJVZ as the warranty will be restored.
Please note that in the process of installing the semaphore kernel, all the data preset in the phone may get lost. So, you need to ensure that you have created a backup so that the data can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned tips.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Ensure that the device is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of semaphore kernel update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the procedure which is mentioned below to install the semaphore kernel in your phone.
Procedure to Install Semaphore Kernel in Samsung Galaxy S powered by XWJVZ Firmware:
- First up you need to download Semaphore kernel for XWJVZ in your computer and then next up also download the Odin in your computer.
- Once both the files are downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your phone so as to enter the phone in the download mode.
- The download mode can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the download mode for more convenience.
- Now, you need to connect the phone in the download mode to the computer while keeping the Odin opened. As soon as the phone is connected, you will see that the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated and you are ready to proceed to next step.
- In odin, click on “PDA” and select the file named as “Semaphore_kernel_JVZ_2.1.1”. As soon as you select the file, you now need to click on “Start” to start the process of kernel installation. Please note that once the kernel installation process is completed, the device will be rebooted automatically.
- After this, you now need to turn Off the phone to get into the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and also you need to select the option of “Clear Dalvik Cache” after which you need to reboot your device by selecting reboot system now after which all the cache files will get deleted.
So, in this way you have successfully installed the Semaphore Kernel in your Samsung Galaxy S powered by XWJVZ Firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.