Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware Update for Samsung Galaxy S3 – Guide
For all those Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone users who are waiting for the Latest Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware updates, you no longer will have to wait for as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update your device with this update. Though this update is an unofficial firmware update, this one comes with all the goodness of Jellybean 4.2 build along with all the apps etc. Also, this firmware is one of the stable builds. Though there is no release dates given by Samsung on by when there will be an official firmware roll out but till that time you can very well apply this firmware update in your device as it comes with many other features apart from the stock features.
Quick Features of Xmas Build Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware:
-Notification Shade Wallpaper Changer (And Transparency)
-Lock screen Wallpaper Changer
-Wait To Lock Screen
-Quick Pin Unlock
-Phone Face-Down Ringer Setting (Silent/Vibrate)
-Headphones Plugged in Ringer Setting (Silent/Vibrate)
-Bluetooth Connection Ringer Setting (Silent/Vibrate)
-Lock screen Weather
-Brightness Control Slider
-Added Device (Color) Settings to Maguro
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case I the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or else the device may get powered off in the middle of firmware update.
Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your phone is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will need to check the same with the help of Root Checker app from the PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned instructions.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your phone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.2.1 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device with the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the firmware zip package in your device.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer and enter the device in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered with the help of ROM Manager app which you can download from the Google PLAY Store.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.2 zip file which you have placed in your device. Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, you need to select “go back” and then “reboot system now”.
- Now, to check whether the firmware is updated successfully or not, you will need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.2 firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode. If you get any force close errors you will have to select options Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” in the recovery mode.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues as we will be more than happy to help you out. Very soon we will also be coming out with many other firmwares based on Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware.