Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 Android smartphone can now be updated with the Latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS which comes with all advanced features. This firmware though is not launched by Samsung officially but all thanks to the Cyanogen Mod team which comes with all the below mentioned features;
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support
- Improved keyboard and input
- New Focal camera app
- Security and stability improvements
So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites which we have mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps only and not with the help of KIES as it won’t help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will need to make sure that you have rooted the device. To check on whether your Galaxy ACE is rooted or not, you can download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
- After rooting install the “ROM Manager” app from the PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image in your device by selecting the option of install recovery image.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.