Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082 can now be updated manually with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which has the new version number as XXAMF2 which fixes bugs related to overheating and battery drain partially. Though there is no ETA on by when there will be an official firmware update of Jellybean 4.2.2 for Galaxy GRAND I9082, you can still apply this official update manually. This is the Official firmware update for Indian Galaxy GRAND smartphone which is an unlocked phone. This update can be applied to all the devices with the model number of I9082. So, for all those who didn’t get the update can manually update which is safer way to apply the update.
Note: Applying this firmware won’t Root / Void the Warranty in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the KIES PC Suite.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > More > Development Options > USB debugging” enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of rooting process.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update GALAXY GRAND I9082 with XXAMF2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXAMF2 for Galaxy GRAND I9082 Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the folders in your computer.
- The Galaxy GRAND can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your GALAXY Grand Smartphone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue / Yellow.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you have got after extraction to click on “Start”. Once you click on “Start”, the process of firmware update will start. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update and once the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues. Just in case if you are interested then we will come out with the tutorial which will help you root the device.