After a very long wait, here comes the Open version of Galaxy S3 firmware which comes with the Official Jellybean 4.3 build version. This all new firmware version which got served by Samsung is dubbed as XXUGMK6 and is available in Europe. European firmwares are known to be one of the most stable firmwares. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware update. Before proceeding to checking out on what are the exact instructions with which you can apply the update, you will have to follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have summed up below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES as you may face some issues in the process of restoration.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed onto the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Firmware Package and Odin form here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to a folder on your Desktop preferably.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it will now have to be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy S3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Just in case if the device enters in the Normal mode, you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- Once you see the home screen, you can then disconnect the device and enjoy the device. You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues. Galaxy S3 International version will soon be getting the latest Jellybean 4,3 update.