How to Manual Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with Official Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware – Guide
So finally, Samsung has started rolling out the much needed Jellybean 4.3 Android OS which comes with tons of new features clubbed with the host of new things which we will be talking about in the due course of this article. While Samsung is still yet to roll this Update out globally, early adopters can very well apply this update to make the most of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. So, after following the quick list of Pre Requisites mentioned below, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Note: Please note that applying this update won’t root the device in any manner as this is the firmware released from Samsung and not a custom ROM firmware.
This firmware is rolled out for Vodafone Ireland and should not be applied to the International Version of Galaxy S3.
New Features of Jellybean 4.3 for Galaxy S3:
– Now Supports GALAXY GEAR,
– With TRIM Support, device is now much faster than ever,
– ANT+ Support is also integrated in this build,
– Core UI now matches the style of Galaxy S4,
– Samsung Keyboard gets a much needed face lift with new interface,
– GPU Drivers have been re done for better benchmarking results,
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect are a part of this new update,
– Adapt Display and Professional Photo are the new Screen Modes,
– Daydream & Driving Mode comes pre loaded in this version,
– Actionable notifications,
– Move-to-SD-card feature,
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot,
– Notification Centre gets some cool new features,
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4),
– Implementation of Voice controls,
– New Samsung Apps which includes; Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music,
– Full screen Samsung apps view &
– New S-Voice straight from Samsung Galaxy S4
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES as you may face some issues in the process of restoration.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed onto the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Firmware Package and Odin form here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to a folder on your Desktop preferably.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy S3 so that it will now have to be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy S3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Just in case if the device enters in the Normal mode, you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- Once you see the home screen, you can then disconnect the device and enjoy the device. You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S3 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues. Galaxy S3 International version will soon be getting the latest Jellybean 4,3 update.