Nexus 7 WiFi Android tablet can now be updated with the Official version of Lollipop 5.0 Android OS manually. Please note that Google has released the factory image and this factory image is dubbed as LRX21P. This new update comes with tons of new things which complements the overall Android Lollipop’s ecosystem and maximizes the performance from Nexus 7 device. Not just the visual interface which is the new thing in the Android Lollipop 5.0 but also comes with tons of performance optimization pieces. So let’s check out on how you can manually update your device with this update.
Note: Applying this firmware update won’t root the device in any manner as this is the official firmware update released by Google.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s always recommended to create a manual backup of all the data present in your device so that the same can be restored after firmware update in your Nexus 7 device. With below mentioned techniques, one can create the backup of all the data.
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Connect your device to computer and dump into a folder in your computer,
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which can be enabled from the Settings.
- All the drivers in your computer should be installed in your computer. Also, make sure that the ADB is installed in your computer.
- Make sure that ADB is installed and configured in your computer so that this firmware can be installed in your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable for any issues caused while upgrading the firmware.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed list of procedure which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Update Nexus 7 WiFi Android tablet with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Download the factory image of Lollipop 5.0 Android OS in your computer. Now, all you need to do is to just unzip the downloaded factory image with the .tgz extension. If the extracted file is having the extension of .tar, you will have to rename the same with .tgz.
- Now, copy the files in the fastboot folder in your computer.
- Turn Off your Nexus 7 tablet so that it can be entered in the fastboot mode. Fastboot mode in your Nexus 7 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down + Power button for 2 -3 seconds and then turn ON the device and connect your device to computer in the fastboot mode.
- Open the command prompt from the fastboot folder itself to enter the computer in the command prompt. Now you need to enter the below mentioned commands in the command prompt;
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-filename.img
fastboot flash radio radio-filename.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash cache cache.img
Note: If your Nexus 7 WiFi device gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start by long pressing the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of Lollipop 5.0 Android firmware in your Nexus 7 tablet.