Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 Android tablet can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS officially. The best part is that the new Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS consumes lesser memory and also is faster than any other operating system from Android. So let’s check out on how you can apply the same manually without you to needing to root the device. As this is the official firmware update, applying this update won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner. This firmware is dubbed as XXUDNE4. After checking out on what are the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, we will be heading over to the detailed procedure which will help you apply this update.
Why to update with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS?
- Consumes lesser RAM,
- Improved Battery Life,
- Stock Apps have been reduced from 19 to 15,
- New Animation effects,
- More stock wallpapers of kitkat,
- Bug fixes, etc.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create the backup. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it may not help you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 70% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- You will be needing the computer which has the full read and write access so as to update the device with the latest version of firmware.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices as it may even permanently damage the device.
Let’s slip into the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest version of Kitkat.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS:
- Download Kitkat 4.4.2 Android 0S package from here to your computer along with the Odin file. Once downloaded, extract Odin in your computer and turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000.
- Enter your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 in the Download Mode. By holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If Galaxy note 10.1 enters in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the download mode.
- Connect your tablet to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Assuming that Odin is opened in your computer and ID:COM section is Yellow/ Blue, click on “PDA”/ “AP” tab in the Odin to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- As soon as the device is updated, you will now see that the device will be rebooted and it will take around 3 -5 minutes for setting up the device.
Head over to the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you can check the version of firmware as Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS XXUDNE4 version.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 10.1 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your tablet with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.