How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 – Tutorial
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, one of the newest smart phablets has now been out and here comes this article which will help you on how to root your device with the help of a simple instruction which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. The main benefit of rooting is that one can easily install the custom ROM firmwares which we will be checking out in the coming days. Recently, Samsung gas come up with its Galaxy S3 smartphone and now this is one more marvel from SAMSUNG.
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the quick pre requisites you will have to follow and then a detailed guide on how to root. This rooting process will only work on Galaxy Note 2 international version with model number as N7100. You can find the model number from the path “Settings > About Phone”. Once the device is rooted, the warranty gets void, the only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying with the official firmware update which you currently have it, we will soon be coming up with a separate article to help you out with the same.
Please make sure that you have created a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery level should not be less than 30% or else phone will get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. It’s preferred to turn Off or disable all the antivirus suites present in your phone so that it won’t interrupt the process of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentions in this article so as to make sure that the update is applied successfully. We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your phone caused due to not following of instructions.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root your device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android Phone:
- Download the Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone and odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same.
- Turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your Note 2 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select “cwm6-root-note2.tar.md5” and once you have selected the file, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. Once the rooting process is completed successfully, the device will be restarted. Please be informed that the device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device. You can disconnect the device once you see the home screen.
- To check your device is rooted or not, you can check the same from the app “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. If the device is rooted it will show that the device is rooted, just in case if the device is not rooted then you will have to repeat the whole process.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Galaxy Note 2 device doesn’t boot up or say if it refuses to how up the home screen, then Long press the power button to turn it Off and follow all the above instructions again from the start.
So, there you go you have now successfully rooted your device on the latest firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.