Samsung recently launched the bigger tablet with 12.2 inches of screen size which is dubbed as SM-P901 which comes with the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android device. While this device gives in the much needed premium feel with the best in class finishing and overall body, you can now root this tablet. Once you root this android tablet, you will then be able to install many apps which need root access and install the custom ROM firmwares to further enhance your user experience with the. After checking out on what are the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below, we will head over to the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Note: This procedure only works on the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android Firmware and not on any other firmware version.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. You need to back up all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life to avoid device getting turned off in the middle of process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Once you have backed up all the data in your device, you now will have to proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901:
- Download CF Root for your Galaxy Note Pro and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to enter your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 in download mode.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Connect your device in Download mode with the computer in which you have opened the Odin. In Odin you will see that the ID:COM section will turn yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the CF Root Package and click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. It will take around a minute for rooting the device. In some cases it may taken even longer time than expected. Once rooted, the device will be rebooted on its own and then it will install all the apps again.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting by following the above instructions from the start.
Tip: Since rooting voids warranty, if you need to get back the lost warranty, you need to update the device with the stock firmware again.
Note: Just in case if your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issue.