How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE – Tutorial
HTC Evo 4G LTE device can now be rooted easily with the help of a one click tool. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root so that you can then install the custom ROM firmwares and the apps which need the root access. In the next few coming days, we will be coming out with AOKP based custom ROM firmwares as well.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Rooting Information: In the process of applying this article, the device will be rooted and once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which you can reclaim the process of rooting is by applying the official update which we will try to come out with the same.
Let’s check out on what are the list of express pre requisites which you need to follow and then we will be checking out on how to install the clock work mod recovery and root the same.
- (Optional) Though, it’s not important to back up the data before applying the rooting process, but just to make things sure you can back up all the data present in your HTC Evo 4G LTE smartphone with the help of below mentioned steps manually.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your HTC Evo 4G LTE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to root the device.
Procedure to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE Device:
- First up you need to download the Rooting package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same so as to get the below mentioned files.
- Up next you need to connect the phone to computer with the help of USB cable and double click on the “runme.bat” file from the extracted folder for starting the process of rooting. Please note that, you need to select the option “1” and press on Enter key to root the same by following the on screen instructions as sown below.
- As soon as the process of rooting is completed, the device will now be restarted and as soon as the device is rebooted and you see the home screen, disconnect the device from computer and enjoy the same.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your HTC Evo 4G LTE smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to resolve the same at the earliest in the comments section below.