Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 users can now breathe easy as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to install the custom recovery image. The need for the installation of this recovery image is important for the fact that very soon we will be coming up with an article which will guide you on how to install the latest ICS Android 4.0 firmware in the form of Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware.
Caution: This update is not recommended for network locked devices.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Galaxy FIT which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
- In the process of custom recovery installation, the warranty will get void. To get back the warranty, you need to note down the current firmware you are on so that you can then install the same for regaining the lost warranty.
- To un root, you can apply with any of the stock firmwares which we have covered on androidadvices.com like DDKT1. Once the device is un rooted, the warranty gets regained.
Essential Pre Rooting Advices:
- Backup all the data present in the device as in the process of installing custom recovery image, there is a possibility that the data may get lost or corrupted. Only with the help of below mentioned tips you can backup all the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Charge left in the phone should be minimum of 60% so as to facilitate smoother installation process.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, tick the option.
Assuming that you have followed all the mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we will check out on how to root the device.