LG Optimus G smartphone can now be rooted with a simple procedure which we will be checking out on how you can do the same. The best part of this is that you can then install the latest custom ROM firmwares as well as the applications which requires the root access. Before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions with which you can root the device, you will have to follow the list of pre requisites and then you need to proceed on to check out the detailed procedure on how to root the device. The best part of this is that it is one click rooting process.
Note: Please note that this procedure should only be applied on the phones which are Non-Network locked phones and also should have Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware installed. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void but can be reclaimed once it is updated with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your LG Optimus G should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. You can also alternatively make use of LG PC Suite for creating the backup of all your data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following instructions.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to root your LG Optimus G which is running on Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Tutorial to Root LG Optimus G on Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the Rooting Package for LG Optimus G (Alternate Link) and then extract the same in your computer.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and open the Run.bat file in your computer. A command should be visible in your computer once you click on “Start”.
- As soon as the device is rooted, you can see the same on the screen. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will need to disconnect the device from computer and download the “Root Checker” app to check the same.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully rooted your device on the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting. We will very soon be coming out with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.3 for LG Optimus G which will be out in the Google IO 2013.