It was just a day back when we saw on how you can update your Motorola Atrix 2 Android smartphone with the latest Android’s Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. In the due course of the article we will be checking out on how you can root he device with the help of a simple to follow tutorial. All thanks to the Jimmy273 developer at XDA who has come out with this workaround to root the device. Please note that you need to follow this article carefully as you are rooting the device. Since you are rooting the device, be informed that the warranty will be lost. The only way with which you can regain the lost warranty is by applying the Original firmware update back which is quite possible.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article.
In the process of rooting, there is a possibility that the data present in the phone may get lost or corrupted, so it’s highly recommended that you backup all the data present in the phone with the help of below mentioned tips.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
So, let’s get started with the detailed tutorial to root your Motorola Atrix 2 smart phone.
- Android SDK should be installed in your computer,
- Battery should be left with the minimum charge of 70%,
Procedure to Root Motorola Atrix 2:
- First up you need to Download Rooting Zip package from here to your computer. After this, you need to unzip the zip contents in your computer. For your convenience we haven’t added any sort of password to this zip file.
- Now, you need to open the command prompt in your computer by pressing the buttons “Win + R” with the help of the Keyboard and then type “cmd” and press “enter” to start the command prompt in your computer.
- Ensure that you have extracted to the folder “exploit” in your desktop so as to ensure that all the below mentioned command sets are processed successfully.
- After this, you need to enter the commands one after other as the below mentioned,
adb push zerg /data/local
adb push su /data/local
adb push Superuser.apk /data/local
chmod 777 zerg
- Please note that you need to ensure that you don’t disconnect the phone after the above commands are processed. Once the device has regained the rooting access, you now need to proceed to enter the below mentioned commands one by one.
mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system
cat /data/local/su > /system/bin/su
cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
- Just in case if you were unable to root by following the above mentioned procedure then you have one simple thing with which you can easily root your Motorola Atrix 2 with the help of a single Click tool for which first up you need to Download One Click Tool for Motorola Atrix 2 developed by P3Droid in your computer and then you need to unzip the same.
- Once you unzip the zip package, you will get to see the extracted files as shown in the above screen capture.
- Click on ADB to install all the necessary adb drivers in your computers. Once you do this, you now need to connect your Motorola Atrix 2 with the computer using the original USB cable and then open the file named “runme.bat” from the extracted files a shown in the below screen capture. Once the device is rooted successfully, the phone needs to be rebooted.
Tip: Just in case of the interruption due to any reason, then you need to re insert the battery and need to re follow the above procedure from the start.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted the phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will try our level best to sort out the same.