How to Root Motorola Droid Bionic – Tutorial
We are here for Motorola Droid Bionic users too, in the due course of this article we will check out on how you can root your device. Please be informed that once you root the device, the warranty will get void. Now, some of the users may ask now on what are the highlights of rooting. The best part of rooting is that you can easily install various custom ROMs which includes the alpha version of firmware and also a whole new lot of custom ROM firmwares which we will see in the coming days only on Android ADVICES. Since it’s a Global way, anyone with their Droid Bionic devices irrespective of country from which you are or on the firmware version you are on.
Note: This process should only be applied on the Motorola Droid Bionic Phones only, if applied to any other phones then it may even brick the devices.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if any damage is done to your device caused by updating the firmware which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions as mentioned in the article including the pre requisites and the procedure to update the phone.
So, before you proceed to the list of instructions, you need to first follow the quick pre rooting instructions followed by the procedure to apply the rooting process.
Pre Rooting instructions:
- Backup all your data which is there in your phone memory so that just in case if any of the data is lost, you can then easily restore the data. With the help of the tips which are mentioned below, you can easily backup and restore the data.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Ensure that you have ADMIN privileges in your computer so as To get the full USB read / write access. Close all the tools like Firewalls, Antivirus suites and also the PC Suites in your computer or else these tools will tend to interrupt the process of rooting.
So, now let’s proceed to the list of instructions on how you can root your Motorola Droid BIONIC.
Procedure to Root Motorola Droid BIONIC:
- Before proceeding you need to download and install the Motorola Drivers (v5.2.0) (32-bit) or Motorola Drivers (v5.2.0) (64-bit) in your computer and then you will have to download the Pete’s Motorola Tool too in your computer and unzip the same. At any point of time if you are prompted to enter the password, then you need to enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- Ensure that the USB Debugging is enabled in your phone. The USB Debugging Mode in your phone can be entered from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”. Ensure that it’s ticked.
- After this, connect the Motorola Droid Bionic device to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you need to select “Charge Only” mode from the list of 4 options which you will get to see on screen.
- After this, you need to disconnect the Droid Bionic from the computer and then re connect the same which will un mount the storage devices so that the data stored in internal memory is stored.
- Now, from the folder which is created, run the “Pete’s Motorola Root Tools.exe” and then hit “Root My Phone” after which you will get to see the below mentioned screen.
So, as soon as the Motorola Droid Bionic reboots, you will then see that the device is successfully rooted. Do let us know just in case if you have any issues while rooting in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same.