Motorola Xoom 2 or say Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 as well as Droid Xyboard 8.2 users can now easily root their devices, all thanks to Dan Rosenberg who has come out with one of the simplest ever tools which is on the lines of One click tool which will empower you to root the device. Adding to the best, this procedure can be applied buy all the Windows, Mac and Linux users. Please be informed that once the phone gets rooted, the warranty will get void.
Disclaimer: We have taken undue care on the simplicity as well as the authenticity of this procedure so that no issues are faced after updating your phone. We should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if anything happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow all the mentioned instructions properly. Though if all there are any issues, we will try our level best to sort out.
Before proceeding, ensure that your device is left with the minimum charge of 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your device. The USB Debugging can be turned On from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked.
- Now, after this, you will have to back up all the data present in your device so as to ensure that just in case if data gets corrupted or erased, the same can be easily restored with the help of simple steps which are mentioned below.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions which are mentioned above, you are now ready to go to the next page where we have summed up all the instructions on how to ROOT with the help of simple tutorial.
Procedure to Root Motorola Xyboard:
- Download appropriate Xyboard Rooting Package (For Windows | For MAC or Linux) from here to your computer. After downloading, you need to extract the zip file to find the below shown folder contents, just in case even if single file goes missing then you need to check with download / extraction process.
- From extracted files, click on “Run” to open the rooting executable file as shown in the below screen capture.
- Up next, you need to connect your tab to the computer with the help of Original USB Cable. After this, you need to press “Enter” key from your keyboard so as to start the process of rooting.
- Once the device is rooted successfully, the tab will be rebooted automatically. With the help of the Basic Root Checker app from the Android Market Place, you can easily check whether the device has been rooted successfully or not. If the device is not rooted in an unfortunate event which is a very unlikely, then you need to re-apply the whole procedure so as to root the device.
Note: Please note that just in case if you wish to terminate the root access gained, then you need to reapply the factory firmware update again so as to unroot the device. We will try our level best to come out with an article which will help you to revert back to the official factory firmware.
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted your tablet. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting as we will try our level best to sort out the same.