How to Root Samsung Galaxy 551 – Tutorial
So, for all those who are having the Samsung Galaxy 551 (GT 5510) can now breathe easy as promised few days to some of the users, we are here with this article to help you on rooting your phone. Please note that since it’s the first time we are covering the rooting article on this site and hoping that you too are rooting the device for the first time we request you to follow the instructions which are listed below properly so that you can safely finish the process of rooting or else you may even end up bricking up the phone.
In the due course of this article we will see the pre requisites which you need to follow before rooting and then followed by the instructions to root the phone with a sequential procedure. Also, for your convenience we have broken this article into different sections wherein in this page we will see on what are the benefits of rooting as well as some tips to reclaim the warranty as rooting voids the warranty, in the next page we will see the list of pre requisites which one has to follow before rooting and then followed by that in the 3rd page we will see about on what is the procedure to root your Samsung Galaxy 551.
So many users ask on what are the basic benefits of the rooting, we will tell you on what are the benefits of rooting in brief so that even a new user can understand what rooting is all about. Basically rooting opens up the system level files and provides the third party apps the access so that the system level files can be modified for the sake of customization. So, next up is the advantages, the following are some of the advantages which we should look for in Android. Though there are many advantages of rooting but we have listed some of the important ones below,
- Rooting enables us to make use of famous tools like Cloxck Work Mod Recovery (for flashing custom ROMs) and Voodoo (for LAG Fixes and for Sound improvements),
- Rooting allows the system file conversion from the laggy RFS to faster EXT4,
- With the help of rooting, one can easily install the custom Firmware son their phone,
- Allows the removal of system applications which come by default
Note: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner if anything wrong happens with your device, though which is a very unlikely if you follow the instructions which are mentioned in the article.
How to Reclaim Warranty / Revoke Root Access:
Since rooting voids the warranty, after rooting you will need to just update with any of the firmware version which are the Stock ones and not the ones which are written as the custom firmware and then you can easily revoke the root access after which you will be in a position to reclaim the lost warranty for your phone.
But the most important thing is that before you proceed with the updation with any firmware, you should ensure that you have disabled Voodoo components if at all there are any in your phone or else it will brick the phone.
Pre Requisites of the Rooting Galaxy 551:
In the due course of the rooting process, you will have to ensure that you have created a backup of all the data which is there in the phone so that you can then restore the backup as soon as the rooting process is done. The data which you will have to backup includes the Messages, Contacts, Songs, Videos and other Files. With the help of the below mentioned links you can easily create a backup of all of them.
Now, as soon as you create the backup of above data you will now have to ensure that the device is now charged to a minimum of 75% so that you will have to ensure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of the firmware update. Please note that if you are not charging the phone with the minimum of 75% then you will have to re calibrate the battery which is a lengthy process.
So, now let’s proceed to the next page where the instructions to root the phone are mentioned.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy 551 Android Phone:
- First up you need to download the Super One Click Rooting Package from here and then you will have to just extract the same in your computer, please note that in the process of extraction, you will be prompted to enter the password, enter the password as “androidadvices.com” without the inverted comas.
- So, now once you are done with the extraction, you will find the list of extracted files as shown in the below screen capture, just in case even if single file is missing then you will have to re download and extract the files once again.
- Now, in your device please note that you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. The USB Debugging mode can be turned on from the path, Settings > Applications > Development and select USB debugging.
- Now, after this from the extracted folder you will have to open the “Super One Click” in your computer after which with the help of USB cable you need to connect the phone with the computer. As soon as you connect the phone all the drivers related to the rooting will be installed successfully and then you will have to after that click on the “Root” tab as shown in the below screen capture.
- Once you press the “Root” tab you will see that the phone will be rooted successfully and then after that there you go, you have now successfully rooted the Galaxy 551. Please note that you will have to reconfigure the APN settings after updating the firmware to access the data services and the Internet services as all the Internet APN settings will be reset.
Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you are facing any issues as we will ensure that all the issues are fixed or solved at the earliest.