Galaxy S2 GT I9100 users who have updated their phones with the latest firmware of XXLP2 ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware can now root their phones as in the due course of the article we will be checking out the same. Please be informed that once you root the phone, the warranty will get void. The only way you can regain the warranty is by restoring the original factory firmware back into your device.
If you are not sure of the current firmware which is there in your phone then you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it should show the current firmware is XXLP2 firmware. If there is any other version being shown then you need to apply the firmware so as to root the same.
Disclaimer: Please note that we should not be held liable or responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens to your device which is the most unlikely if you follow the instructions as prescribed in the due course of this article.
So, let’s get started with the procedure on how to root Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 firmware.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 on XXLP2 Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download XXLP2 Rooting TAR File and Odin tool in your computer. After this, you need to open the Odin tool in your computer as shown in the below screen capture.
- After this, you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and then turn off the phone so as to enter into the Download mode.
- Turn On your phone in download mode by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Once the device enters into download mode, connect the phone to the Odin after which you will see that the ID : COM section in odin will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers are installed successfully and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
Note: If ID : COM doesn’t turn yellow then install Samsung USB Drivers, .net framework and also you need to update the KIES with the latest version so that the missing drivers are installed.
- Up next you need to click on “PDA” tab to select the file which is named as “CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LP2-v5.2” and then click on “Start” to start the process of rooting. Please note that as soon as you click on Start, the rooting will be done within seconds after which the device will be restarted.
- Once the device is rooted, the device will be restarted and then you need to turn Off the phone so as to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Tip: If the device takes very long time on the “S” logo then pull off the battery, reinsert and repeat the whole process again. It’s normal if a Green Robot is being shown at the start up as it may show for some users.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 which is on XXLP2. Do share with us in the comments section if there I anything you would like to have assistance on as we will try to come up with a resolution as soon as possible.