Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 on Any Firmware – Guide
Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone can now be rooted easily, we will guide you in the due course of this article so that you can then install truckloads of custom ROM firmwares which we will be coming in the next few days. For all those users who are eagerly waiting for the Jellybean firmwares for Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360, there won’t be any official updates by SAMSUNG but all thanks to the custom ROM developers who are constantly working for the updates. So, before we proceed lets proceed to the detailed guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 so that in the coming days you can install even apps like Jellybean 4.2 stock apps effortlessly.
Irrespective of the current firmware you are on, you can root your Galaxy Y with the help of this article. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. The only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the Official / Original Firmware update with the help of below mentioned guide;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- In the process of rooting, data loss might just occur. So, it’s very important for you to manual backup all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
Note: Don’t backup the data with the help of ROM Manager or KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Battery level should not be below 35% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Also, all antivirus tools in your computer should be turned Off as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware update. USB Read / Write should be there and you should have admin privileges in your computer.
Disclaimer: It’s our kind request that, kindly follow all the instructions properly in this article or else your phone might just get bricked for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have detailed instructions to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 smartphone.
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Android Phone:
- Download the Rooting Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the Rooting Package in your device’s external sd card.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, in recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that all the cache data will be cleared.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card” and then select the rooting package file which you have placed in your device and press the power button to confirm the same. Once the file is selected, you need to just follow the on screen instructions for rooting the device. Please note that the whole process will take around 3 -4 minutes and may take longer time in some cases.
- To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. If your Galaxy Y is not rooted, then you need to re follow the instructions mentioned above.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues in the process of this update as we will try our level best to address the same.