How to Root Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 on Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKP3 Firmware
It was the last time when we saw on how you can root your device on DDKP3 firmware and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can root your device with the help of simple instructions which we will see in the due course of this article. Please be informed that once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void, the only way with which you can reclaim the warranty is by unrooting the device which you can do by applying the update of DDKP3 again in your phone.
Disclaimer: We have taken undue care on the simplicity as well as the authenticity of this procedure so that no issues are faced after updating your phone. We should not be held responsible in any manner just in case if anything happens to your device which is very unlikely if you follow all the mentioned instructions properly. Though if all there are any issues, we will try our level best to sort out.
Note that applying this firmware will in no manner will root device, so be rest assured about the same. Also just in case if you wish to root your Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 on this firmware, then we will also soon come up with the article wherein you can easily root your phone. It’s not recommended to follow any other procedure to root the phone as we will soon come out with the procedure to root.
Special Instructions to users on Custom ROMs:
Recently at Android Advices, we saw different custom ROMs for Galaxy SL I9003 smart phone and since you have experienced issues related to the back key you might just want to apply this. So, before proceeding to apply this procedure, you will have to first turn off your phone. Now, press the Volume Up key + Menu key and then pressing the former two keys you need to power ON the device after which you will see the recovery screen.
Once you enter into the recovery mode, you will have to select the options like “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” after which select the option of “reboot system now” so that all the cache data gets cleaned from your phone.
Essential Pre Rooting Requisites:
- Before proceeding ensure that you have charged your phone to the minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the phones doesn’t get turned Off in the process of the firmware update. Most of the users tend to skip this step and end up even facing battery issues after applying the update.
- After this you need to create a backup of all the data present in your phone so that the same can be restored just in case if any data is lost in the process of the firmware update. You can refer to the below mentioned tips on how to backup and restore contents in your phone.
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Note: Please don’t use the KIES tool to create the backup as since it’s a beta update, after updating with this firmware KIES won’t be supporting the phone and hence the backup cannot be restored.
- We will be using the Odin flash tool for applying this update and not the KIES tool, so close all the softwares like antivirus, firewall tools and also close the KIES completely as these tools tend to interrupt the process of the firmware update. Also, in your phone enable the USB debugging. The USB Debugging can be turned On from the path Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Ensure that the USB Debugging option is ticked.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you are now ready to head to the next page where we have summed up the instructions to root your phone.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 on DDKP3 Firmware:
- Download DDKP3 Rooting Package from here to your computer and extract the same. For your convenience we haven’t added any password.
- After downloading, open odin in your computer and turn Off your phone so as to enter the phone in download mode.
- The Download mode mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can refer the below mentioned video on how you can enter into the download mode.
- Once the device is booted up in the Download Mode, connect the phone to the computer with the Original USB cable which you got at the time of purchase while keeping the Odin opened in the computer.
- In the Odin, you will see that within a minute or two, the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to select the file.
- Click on “PDA” to select “DDKP3-CFROOT-12-02-2012” file and then all you need to do is to just click on “Start”. After selecting the files, ensure that all the other settings like “Re Partition” etc. are selected properly as mentioned in the below screen capture.
- Within a minute, the device will be restarting and the phone will be rooted successfully.
Users Facing Force Close Errors:
- Just in case if you are facing force close errors then you need to turn off the phone to enter the phone in the recovery mode. You can enter into the recovery mode by pressing up on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
So, that’s it you have now successfully rooted your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of Rooting as we will try our level best to sort out the same.