Updated your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S with the latest version of ICS? The in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to root the same with the help of simple instructions. Please be informed that once you root the device, the warranty will get void and the only way with which you can reclaim the lost warranty is by reapplying the update of ICS. Also, please follow the instructions which are mentioned in this article so as to ensure that the rooting process is safely completed.
Basically in the process of rooting, the tool will induce in the busy box as well as the super user files in the device in both of the unlocked boot loader or into the locked boot loader devices.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
In the page we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow and then in the next page we will be checking out on how one can easily root your Xperia Arc S on ICS firmware.
- All the data like SMS, Contacts, Call log, APN, MMS Settings and other data present in your internal SD should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Remove the SIM card as well as SD Card from your phone as its recommended to remove the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- ADB Should be installed in your computer without which it’s not possible to make use of this procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Arc S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Ensure that your phone is on the latest version of ICS that is 4.1.A.0.562 version. This rooting process won’t work on any other build.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root the device.
Procedure to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S on ICS Firmware:
- First up, download the ICS Rooting Tool (Credits to Doom Lord) from here to your computer and extract the same to get the below mentioned files. Please note that just in case if even single file is missing, you need to again download and extract the same.
- Just in case if you missed out, you need to Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Ericsson Xperia Arc S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you need to enable the “Mock Locations” option. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and open the file “runme.bat” file from here to your computer.
- Once you open the tool kit in your computer, press enter to confirm the same. Now, once the process gets completed, you will see that the device might be rebooted asfter installing the busy box and superuser files in the device. Once the process is done, you will get to see the message “All Done” which will confirm that the rooting process has been successfully completed.
Note: just in case if the phone doesn’t get rooted successfully, you need to repeat the whole process from the start to root your phone.
Congratulations, you have now successfully rooted your Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of rooting your device as we will try our level best to sort out the same.