A leaked document from Samsung has revealed the list of smartphones which are going to get the Android KitKat update, and the phones which are not getting it right away because of some issues which the company is facing on the devices during testing. The problem these days for the users isn’t with the compatibility of the apps with the OS version, but the need for the latest OS to get the newer features which they don’t find in the current / previous OS version in their smartphone. Thus is the need for the latest OS version, and KitKat being the latest one, millions of users are waiting for the update to be rolled out for their device.
At the right time, Samsung’s document with the status is leaked, and it’s SamMobile who grabbed that to give the users a list of devices which might be getting the update in the near future, and for the ones whose update is delayed.
The KOT49H here is referred to the Android 4.4.2 version release, and below are the devices and the update status for them.
- Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 – Available – ETA April 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE GT-N7105 – Completed – ETA May 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 – Update canceled due to unsolved problems
- Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305 – Final Testing – ETA May 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 – Final Testing – ETA June 2014
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE GT-I9195 – Completed – ETA June 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo SM-N750 – Completed – ETA May 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 – Testing – ETA June 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 – Testing – ETA June 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 – Testing – ETA June 2014
The Galaxy Note II LTE version update has been completed and it is waiting for the approval of the firmware center before it is rolled out to the devices.
The Galaxy Note 3 Neo’s KitKat update is waiting to be certified by Google.
The Galaxy S4 Mini’s firmware update is waiting the approval of the firmware center.
Given the OS version mentioned by Samsung, it is pretty clear that a few devices are skipping the Android 4.3 update and directly would be getting the KitKat update.