It’s here, for all those who are eagerly waiting for an improved version of Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 version there’s a great news as there is an all new Build Version 8 has arrived. It was last time when we saw the Build 5 where most of the functionalities didn’t work but in this Build 8 more than half of the functionalities work along with the Network. So keeping it short, we will have a look at the list of instructions which you need to follow over a due course of this article. We really thank the developers of this Firmware.
Note: Please note that this is not a Full-fledged version and is a test version. Just in case if you are eager to try this out you can but it’s not a full-fledged working version of firmware.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully. This update should only be updated to the phones which are unlocked and also only to the phones which have the model number as I9000 and not even I9000B / i9000T etc.
So, let’s have the list of improvements which comes in this latest Build 8 of the Cyanogen MOD 9 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Improvements in Build 8 Ice Cream Sandwich for Galaxy S
- USB Tethering now works smoothly,
- Wi Fi tethering still have some minor issues as it disconnects after sometime,
- T9 Dialing is enabled and Dialer Settings now has been configured,
- External SD Card can be mounted,
- Cannot accept all file types via Bluetooth,
- Support for TV Out has been configured,
- Data activity icon sometimes gets stuck even data is off,
- Persistent “Removed SD card” message on external sd card removal.